2019 n2c2 Shared Task and Workshop (Tracks 1, 2 and 3)
Rules of Conduct
The following is a preview of the Rules of Conduct that you will be required to sign.
The format of the 2019 n2c2 shared task and the principles which bind the participants of this shared task are as follows:
- In order to support the shared task, n2c2 will provide the participants with data from Partners Healthcare.
- The data will be distributed with a data use agreement.
- All members of all teams are required to sign the data use agreement online.
- n2c2 will ﬁrst release annotated training data. Teams can use this data to develop their systems. The systems are expected to be fully automatic, i.e., no human intervention in their output.
- Evaluation is to be run on held-out test data. Teams are not allowed to train on test data. All development and training must stop before teams download the test data. Teams are expected to generate fully automatic system outputs on the test data. Manual interventions with the test data predictions are not acceptable.
- Gaining access to any portion of the 2019 n2c2 data commits the teams to participate in the evaluation that will be run by n2c2. Teams cannot withdraw from the evaluation after gaining access to the data.
- Gaining access to any portion of the 2019 n2c2 data commits the teams to submit a paper describing their developed system to n2c2.
- Gaining access to any portion of the 2019 n2c2 data commits the teams to present their work in the follow-up workshop to be organized by n2c2 (should their submitted paper be accepted for presentation).
- In return for following through with the commitments outlined in the previous three items, the teams can conduct research and publish papers on the released data one year before anyone else. The 2019 n2c2 data will only be available to the research community-at-large one year after the evaluation so that shared-task participants have ample time to publish their work on the shared-task data.